Saturday, July 21, 2012

Great Falls 5K Anyone?

Friends and Fitness Enthusiasts,

I decided to go on a crazy loop around the south western half of the park for a tough run. It ended up being a challenging 5K (a little bit more than that actually) that took me about 50 minutes to complete. Follow my route and beat my time, have fun!

- Start at the Visitor Center
- Head down Old Carriage Road (0.2 mi) to Matildaville
- Stay on Matildaville past the junction (0.6 mi) then up the crazy hill all the way to the top (0.5 mi)
- Cut across Old Carriage Road and run up and down the rolling Ridge Trail to your right until you get to Old Dominion Drive (0.6 mi)
- Trace your steps back to the Swamp-Ridge Connector Trail on your left (0.4 mi) and carefully make your way down the slope to Swamp Trail (0.4 mi)
- Get on Swamp Trail for 0.1 mi then turn left onto Old Carriage Road
- Follow the road 0.6 mi back to the Visitor Center

Boom 3.4 miles done. I hope you're happy and sweaty like I was.

In health,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment